BlastCasta News Widget

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Welcome to this new blog about the New Jersey Devils!

I hope you will enjoy this new place where I will be posting my thoughts about the team I have been following closely since December 1999. I will pretty much discuss Devils matter but I will not shy away from posting about the state of the game in general.

I will also provide you with news about the Devils farm teams: the Lowell Devils and the Trenton Titans.

So why did I choose this Name for the blog: "The Beast of the East"?

When the Devils moved from Colorado to New Jersey a poll took place to name the team that the late John J. McMullen bought and established in New Jersey. The Devils was the name that came out of the poll. It originates from an old New Jersey legend. The Beast has many meanings and don't believe I am follower of Satan (no not Miroslav again!!!). The "beast" expresses the winning ways of the New Jersey Devils, the cohesion that a bunch of hockey players can have, the resiliency they show all season long to battle, and win as one: Devils hockey. And obviously the East is where the team is from. So "the Beast of the East" makes sense.

So enjoy this blog and I hope to see you around!

0 commentaires: